Harman Kardon DPR 1001
Released September, 2003
The Pros:Lots of inputs, many of which are assignable. Can map inputs, matching audio to video inputs without having to manually switch them as you go. No hiss or background noise at all, renders quiet subtle details very well.
The Cons:Can't deliver loud, powerful and punchy output without getting brittle or distorted.
The Harman/Kardon DPR 1001 is a mid-range digital A/V receiver with a total of 8 channels, each of which has average power output of 50W. It uses solely digital signals from input to amplifier, which means that it is compact and it has cool operating temperatures.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It has numerous inputs and outputs, including front and rear digital and analog audio, as well as composite and component video in/out. It also has an AM/FM radio tuner with presets. It is compatible with Dolby Digital, Dolby DTS ES and Dolby Prologic II, as well as DTS Neo:6, VMAx and Logic 7. It has a 24-bit digital-to-analog converter. Since it is somewhat dated, it does not have any HDMI inputs or outputs, and this accordingly has meant that its price point has dropped.
- Released September 2003
- 50W x 8 channels, 7.1
- AM/FM receiver, 30 presets
- Dolby Digital, Dolby DTS ES, Dolby Prologic II, DTS Neo:6, VMAx, Logic 7 compatibility
- 24-bit DAC
- Front Input: Coaxial x 1, Composite x 1, Couple RCA Jack x 1, Headphones x 1, Optical x 1, S-Video x 1
- Rear Inputs: RCA x6, Digital coaxial x 2, digital optical audio x2, composite video x4, s-video x4, component x 2
- Rear outputs: RCA x4, digital coaxial x1, digital optical x1, composite video x3, s-video x3, component x1
- Includes AM antenna and remote
- 20Hz - 22kHz frequency response
User Reviews (2)
lots of inputs, many of which are assignable
can map inputs, matching audio to video inputs without having to manually switch them as you go
no hiss or background noise at all, renders quiet subtle details very well
plays CDs with excellent clarity and even renders a sense of space to them
small and light, easy to install and ideal if you're worried about glass shelving in your entertainment unit
big LED display that's easy to see from across the room
remote is comfortable to use and well laid out
can't deliver loud, powerful and punchy output without getting brittle or distorted
You may also like...