Released April, 2009
The Pros:On-screen remote programming. 6 HDMI inputs - including 1 front HDMI. Can decode dts HD MA and Dolby TrueHD high def audio formats.
The Cons:No Ethernet connectivity. Only upconverts video
to 1080i, not 1080p. No S-Video.
The Onkyo TX-SR607 is a 7.2-channel AV receiver released in late March 2009 to supercede of the Onkyo TX-SR606. Most notably, it is the first receiver to feature the Dolby ProLogic IIz sound processing format.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A step up from the Onkyo TX-SR507, the Onkyo TX-SR607 home theater AV receiver adds ProLogic IIz , and Faroudja DCDI Edge for 1080i upscaling from analog to HDMI. The Onkyo TX-SR607 retails for $600.00 and comes with a 2 year limited warranty.
In addition, the TX-SR607 AV receiver can receive up to six 1080p-resolution sources via HDMI (Blu-ray, Playstation, HD, etc) and then deliver it to a compatible high-definition display. Plus, the Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver comes equipped with Audyssey Dynamic Volume, Audyssey 2EQ, & Music Optimizer technologies, a front-panel minijack input for connecting to an MP3 player, two component video inputs, five composite video inputs (no S-Video), and three digital audio inputs (two optical, one coaxial).
- 7.2 AV Receiver w/90-watts per Channel
- Faroudja DCDI Edge w/1080i Upscaling
- WRAT Audio Technology
- Second Zone Functionality
- Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD
- Dolby DTS-HD Master Audio
- Dolby ProLogic Iiz
- Six HDMI Inputs
- Two Component Video Inputs
- Five Composite Video Inputs
- Three Digital Audio Inputs
- Universal Port
- Minijack Input
- AM/FM Radio
- iPod Ready (Optional)
- HD Radio Ready (Optional)
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
Changes since the TX-SR606
- upgrade to 7.2 channel vs 7.1 channel (dual sub-woofer outputs)
- Dolby PLIIz surround sound processing (1st receiver to support)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume (606 only had dynamic EQ, not dynamic Volume)
- Drops S-Video (606 had 4 S-Video inputs)
- adds 2 HDMI inputs including 1 front HDMI (6 total, up from 4)
- HD Radio ready
- On Screen Remote Programming
User Reviews (9)
On-screen remote programming
6 HDMI inputs - including 1 front HDMI
Can decode dts HD MA and Dolby TrueHD high def audio formats
Upconverts analog video to HDMI with Faroudja DCDi
First receiver to feature the new Dolby Pro Logic IIz surround sound format
Stereo/2 channel sub-woofer output
Audyssey Dynamic Volume and EQ - previous generation 606 only had EQ
Only upconverts video
to 1080i, not 1080p
More expensive than previous generation, without many improvements
Lackluster Zone 2 functionality - only analog audio
Not XM radio ready - Sirius only
You may also like...