Released July, 2008
The Pros:Video upscaling to 1080p over HDMI. THX Select2 Plus Certification. 4 x HDMI 1.3a inputs.
The Cons:No switched AC outlet. On-screen menus only output over an HDMI output.
The Onkyo TX-SR706 ($899), along with the Onkyo TX-SR806 ($1099) are two mid-priced a/v receivers announced on July 22nd, 2008. Both receivers are THX certified and include the new THX Loudness Plus audio processing technology.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The 706 includes 4 x HDMI inputs, and includes a Faroudja DCDi video upscaler that will upscale to 1080p over HDMI and 1080i over the component video. These receivers were announced along with two new home theater systems (HTiB): the Onkyo HT-S7100 ($899) and Onkyo HT-S6100 ($799). The 706 is available as of July 22nd, 2008 and the 806 will hit shelves in mid-August 2008. Available in silver and black.
- 7.1 channel a/v receiver
- 100 W per channel @ 8 Ohms, 20 - 20 kHz, 0.08% THD
- THX Select2 Plus Certification
- 4 x HDMI 1.3a inputs
- inputs: 3 x component, 3 x digital coaxial, 2 x digital optical, 5 x RCAS-Video
- Faroudja DCDi video upscaler (up to 1080p over HDMI, 1080i over component video)
- Decodes Dolby TrueHD and dts HD-MA
- 2nd powered zone of audio
- Bi-ampable front speakers
- 5-way binding posts
- RS-232 / XM / Sirius / iPod / 12 V trigger
- Phono input
- THX Loudness Plus audio processing
User Reviews (3)
Video upscaling to 1080p over HDMI
THX Select2 Plus Certification
Decodes Dolby TrueHD and dts HD MA
Phono input (rare these days)
On-screen menus only output over an HDMI output.
You may also like...