Released August, 2008
The Pros:THX Ultra 2 Plus Certified. Powerful yet refined speaker amplification.
The Cons:Lower quality DAC than previously anticipated. Higher distortion than previous models.
The Onkyo TX-SR806 is a THX Ultra 2 Plus Certified 7.1 channel a/v receiver that supersedes the TX-SR805. It has an expected MSRP of $1099 and mid-August 2008 release date. Upgrades over its predecessor include 5 HDMI inputs and 1080p analog video upscaling.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It appears that the TX-SR806 has dropped the Burr-Brown DAC circuitry however it will maintain it's 130 watts per channel power specification. The THD specification has been downgraded to 0.08% from 0.05% in its predecessor. The step-down Onkyo TX-SR706 has an MSRP $899, drops one HDMI input, has less power @ 100 W / channel, and drops the PUSH-PULL amp design.
- 7.1 channel surround a/v reciever
- THX Ultra 2 Plus Certified
- 5 x HDMI 1.3a
- Faroudja DCDi video upscaling to 1080p over HDMI (1080i over component video)
- Decodes Dolby TrueHD,dts HD MA
- Power: 130 Watts / channel
- Phono input
- THD: 0.08%
- Push-Pull Amplifier Design with 3-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry
- Release Date: mid-August 2008
- MSRP: $1099
User Reviews (6)
THX Ultra 2 Plus Certified
powerful yet refined speaker amplification
lower quality DAC than previously anticipated
higher distortion than previous models
You may also like...