Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH
Released August, 2007
The Pros:LAN / Internet streaming. Upscaling using Faroudja chip to 1080p over HDMI. Send room acoustic data to your PC over RS-232.
The Cons:Lackluster UI compared to competitors.
The Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH is one of four models of new Elite receivers released in 2007 including the VSX-90TXV, VSX-91TXH, and VSX-92TXH. The VSX-94TXH is a 7.1 channel receiver delivering 140 Watts of power to each of it 7 channels.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Pioneer has caught up to its competition (see Onkyo TX-SR875 and the Denon AVR-3808CI) by including 4 HDMI 1.3a inputs with a built-in Faroudja DCDi video processor that upscales all sources to 1080p and sends to the HDMI output, and all analog sources to component video.
The VSX-94TXH has a LAN 10/100 Ethernet connection for streaming music from either your PC or over the Internet with any DLNA compliant source. It features a USB input for connecting external media players or storage devices like an iPod. It is XM/Sirius compatible.
The VSX-94TXH has what Pioneer calls Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration Circuit (MCACC) for equalizing and automatically tuning your system to your specific room dynamics. Place the included microphone in your typical listening position, press the MCACC button, and the receiver will automatically calibrate itself. This model includes full Phase Control as well. For hardcore enthusiasts, graphical images of your room's reverberation frequency response can be displayed on your PC over its RS-232 output.
- 4 x HDMI 1.3a inputs, 1 x HDMI 1.3a output
- 7.1 channel surround /w 140 Watts per channel
- Faroudja DCDi video processing
- Upscaling and transcoding all video inputs to 1080p over HDMI
- Converts S-video and composite video inputs to component video output
- Multi-room, multi-source with 3 zones
- iPod/USB/XM/Sirius/DLNA/Internet Radio
- dimensions: 16 9/16" W x 7 3/8" H x 18 1/16 " D
- weight: 41.14 lbs.
- Onkyo TX-SR875 - Reon HQV, no LAN, $1600
- Sony STR-DA5300ES - Faroudja, no LAN, slick UI, 6 HDMI ins, $1700
- Yamaha RX-V3800 - Anchor Bay ABT1010, LAN, $1700
- Denon AVR-3808CI - Faroudja, LAN, slick UI, $1600
The Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH was released in mid-August 2007 with an MSRP of $1600. The Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH boasts similar specifications and features with 3 HDMI inputs and 130 Watts / channel for $300 cheaper with an MSRP of $1300.
User Reviews (22)
Upscaling using Faroudja chip to 1080p over HDMI
Send room acoustic data to your PC over RS-232
Advanced MCACC system /w full phase control
Looks great; nice build quality
stellar audio(in pure direct for cd listening and Dolby Digital + and DTS HD MA for Blu-ray) and video
Lackluster UI compared to competitors
You may also like...