Released February, 2009
The Pros:Attractive unit. Affordable price. 5.1 channel.
The Cons:HDMI Audio will not input via HDMI cable. You must connect another digital audio cable. Only 2 HDMI inputs. No HD audio decoding.
The Yamaha HTR-6230 (also called the Yamaha RX-V365) is a 5.1 channel digital home theater receiver offered by Yamaha. It offers 1080p compatible HDMI, with 2 inputs and one output, as well as Bluetooth and iPod compatibility.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The Bluetooth compatibiliy means it is equipped to use the optional YBA-10 Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver that lets you connect the dock to the receiver and supports A2DP audio streaming from devices such as cell phones, portable computers and other portable devices. It is also equipped to use the optional Yamaha Universal iPod Dock that allows iPod control from the receivers remote control, while charging the iPod's battery. Some audio features include Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS Digital Surround, CINEMA DSP Digital for unmatched surround sound, SILENT CINEMA which allows large-scale surround in headphones, and a compressed music enhancer that improves the sound quality of MP3 and WMA formats. The four SCENE buttons can be programmed to easily switch between the most common viewing/listening modes such as DVD Viewing, Disk Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening, with many others to choose from.
For high sound quality, there are 5 x 100W channels for 500W of total power, with 192 kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels. There is a speaker A or B selection allowing for 2 seperate listening areas, as well as 9 selectable subwoofer crossover frequencies and subwoofer phase flip.
- Channels: 5
- RMS Output Power: (20Hz - 20kHz)
- RMS Output Power: (1kHz) 100W x 5
- Total Power (20Hz - 20kHz) 500W (1kHz)
- Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Pro Logic IIx: (Dolby Digital / Dolby Pro Logic II)
- DTS-ES Discrete 6.1: (DTS Digital Surround)
- iPod Compatibility: (With Optional YDS-11)
- Bluetooth Compatibility: (With Optional YBA-10)
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- HDMI (In/Out): (2 / 1)
- Component Video (In/Out): (3 / 1)
- A/V Inputs (S-Video): 4 (Composite)
- Digital Inputs/Outputs [O: Optical, C: Coaxial]: (O: 2, C: 1)
- Front A/V with Digital Input: (A/V Only)
- Front Mini Input for Portables
- D/A Conversion: 192 kHz / 24 bit
- Surround Programs: 8
- Night Listening Enhancer
- Speaker A, B or A + B: (A,B)
- Selectable Subwoofer Crossover
- Multi-Channel Decoder Inputs: 6-Channel
- Learning Remote Capability: Preset
- Product Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 5-15/16" x 12-1/2"
- Product Weight (lbs.): 17.6
- Shipping Dimensions (W X H X D): 21-1/2" x 9" x 16"
- Shipping Weight (LBS): 21
User Reviews (20)
iPod support with optional Yamaha dock
Bluetooth support (with receiver sold separately) for streaming audio to the device via compatible music devices
HDMI Audio will not input via HDMI cable. You must connect another digital audio cable.
Totally confusing settings interface input display. Non intuitive.
No optical digital DVD input, only coaxial.
You may also like...