Released February, 2009
The Pros:Auto-calibration with the mic is easy and accurate. Plenty of sound modes available to quickly switch for special circumstances. Plenty of inputs supporting both legacy and newer devices.
The Cons:Switching from HD to SD channels results in a long 3 second delay. Takes a long time to "boot up" when you first turn it on. Remote is confusing and awkward to work with.
The Yamaha HTR-6240 (also called the Yamaha RX-V465) is a 5.1 channel digital home theater receiver offered by Yamaha. It offers 1080p compatible HDMI, with four inputs and one output, YPAO, new SCENE functionality and 17 CINEMA DSP programs.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The YPAO automatic system calibration uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. The four SCENE buttons can be programmed to easily switch between the most common viewing/listening modes such as DVD Viewing, Disk Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening, with many others to choose from. It is equipped to use the optional YBA-10 Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver for audio streaming from devices such as cell phones, portable computers and other portable devices. It is also equipped to use the optional Yamaha Universal iPod Dock that allows iPod control from the receivers remote control, while charging the iPod's battery.
Some of the audio features include Dolby TrueHD for lossless sound, Dolby Digital Plus for high quality HD sound, Dolby Digital EX which virtually adds a rear center channel, DTS-HD Master Audio for Blu-ray and HD-DVD matched sound, DTS NEO: 6 with combines the back surround into L/R surround channels, CINEMA DSP Digital for unmatched surround, SILENT CINEMA for large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones and a compressed music enhancer that improves the sound quality of MP3 and WMA formats. For high sound quality, there are 5 x 105W channels for 525W of total power, with 192 kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels.
- Channels: 5
- RMS Output Power (1kHz): 105W x 5
- Total Power (20Hz - 20kHz): 525W (1kHz)
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Pro Logic IIx
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- DTS-ES Discrete 6.1
- DTS 96/24 / DTS Neo:6
- iPod Compatibility: (With Optional YDS-11)
- Bluetooth Compatibility: (With Optional YBA-10)
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- HDMI (In/Out):(4 / 1)
- Component Video (In/Out): (2 / 1)
- A/V Inputs (S-Video): 4 (Composite)
- Digital Inputs/Outputs [O: Optical, C: Coaxial]: (O: 2, C: 2)
- Front A/V with Digital Input: (A/V Only)
- Front Mini Input for Portables
- D/A Conversion: 192 kHz / 24 bit
- Surround Programs: 17
- HDMI Pass-through
- YPAO (w/Optimizer Microphone)
- Selectable Subwoofer Crossover
- Pre-Out All Channels: (Surr. Back Only)
- Learning Remote Capability: Preset
- Product Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8” x 6” x 14-3/8”
- Product Weight (lbs.): 18.5
- Shipping Dimensions (W X H X D): 21-1/2" x 9" x 17 1/2"
- Shipping Weight (LBS): 23
User Reviews (1)
auto-calibration with the mic is easy and accurate
plenty of sound modes available to quickly switch for special circumstances
plenty of inputs supporting both legacy and newer devices
video quality is sharp and detailed, nothing lost
strong rendition of Dolby Digital, makes the most of your speakers
switching from HD to SD channels results in a long 3 second delay
takes a long time to "boot up" when you first turn it on
remote is confusing and awkward to work with
You may also like...