Released February, 2009
The Pros:Quick and simple to setup. Great unit under $400. YPAO Auto Calibration does a great job! Analog to HDMI up-scaling.
The Cons:Should have Banana plugs for all speaker wires instead of a mixture of plugs and clips.
The Yamaha RX-V565 (also called the Yamaha HTR-6250) is a 7.1 channel home theater receiver offered by Yamaha. It features HD audio encoding and 1080p HDMI, with four inputs and one output with video upscaling, YPAO and new SCENE functionality.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The YPAO automatic system calibration uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. The four SCENE buttons can be programmed to easily switch between the most common viewing/listening modes such as DVD Viewing, Disk Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening, with many others to choose from. It is equipped to use the optional YBA-10 Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver for audio streaming from devices such as cell phones, portable computers and other portable devices. It is also equipped to use the optional Yamaha Universal iPod Dock that allows iPod control from the receivers remote control, while charging the iPod's battery.
Some of the audio features include Dolby TrueHD for lossless sound, Dolby Digital Plus for high quality HD sound, Dolby Digital EX which virtually adds a rear center channel, DTS-HD Master Audio for Blu-ray and HD-DVD matched sound, DTS NEO: 6 with combines the back surround into L/R surround channels, CINEMA DSP Digital for unmatched surround, SILENT CINEMA for large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones and a compressed music enhancer that improves the sound quality of MP3 and WMA formats. For high sound quality, there are 7 x 90W channels for 630W of total power, with 192 kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels.
- Channels: 7
- RMS Output Power (1kHz): 90W x 7
- Total Power (20Hz - 20kHz): 630W (1 kHz)
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Pro Logic IIx
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- DTS-ES Discrete 6.1
- DTS 96/24 / DTS Neo:6
- iPod Compatibility (With Optional YDS-11)
- Bluetooth Compatibility (With Optional YBA-10)
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- HDMI (In/Out): (4 / 1)
- Component Video (In/Out): (2 / 1)
- A/V Inputs (S-Video): 4 (Composite)
- Digital Inputs/Outputs [O: Optical, C: Coaxial]: (O: 2, C: 2)
- Front A/V with Digital Input (A/V Only)
- Front Mini Input for Portables
- D/A Conversion: 192 kHz / 24 bit
- Surround Programs: 17
- Time Base Corrector
- HDMI Pass-through
- HDMI Up Conversion: (with upscaling up to 1080p)
- YPAO (w/Optimizer Microphone)
- On-Screen Display
- Assignable Power Amp (Bi-amp)
- Selectable Subwoofer Crossover
- Learning Remote Capability: Preset
- Product Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8” x 6” x 14-3/8”
- Product Weight (lbs.): 18.7
- Shipping Dimensions (W X H X D): 21-1/2" x 9" x 17 1/2"
- Shipping Weight (LBS): 23
User Reviews (3)
Quick and simple to setup. Great unit under $400.
YPAO Auto Calibration does a great job!
Analog to HDMI up-scaling
On Screen Display makes changing settings a breeze
Should have Banana plugs for all speaker wires instead of a mixture of plugs and clips.
You may also like...